Sunday, June 15, 2014

Week 1 Round Up

Greetings, people. This is Luke again, bringing you the latest update on this project. A little over a week has passed, and we're well into the work on our first Combustion. I've finished up the lyrics, and Jordan and Hayden are making progress with the music. As you may have noticed, the blog site looks a lot nicer now. We've also registered a few other domains and web accounts, which you can expect to see more from in the future.

Here's a link to the lyrics:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15CafHF_lWkyhTbgNy2bk-2hanIcLffOTxGWl1saCy40/edit?usp=sharing

As you may notice, it has a bit of a different feel to it, at least compared to what I mentioned last post. I decided to give a more chaotic, exciting feel to it, using the circus imagery to further that goal. If you're curious about my creative process for this, it pretty much involves waking up in the morning, drinking coffee, and writing down whatever came to mind. It doesn't matter if everything I write down is garbage. My philosophy on the matter is that our minds already have our great ideas swirling around somewhere and all we have to do is loosen the restrictions that we place on ourselves to let those ideas flow freely. To try and accomplish this, I like to just write whatever comes into my head. From there, I look at whatever I've written and let my imagination work. Maybe this particular verse has a nice flow to it, or that word could have a separate meaning. Stuff like that. So then I'll either revise what I have or just start again with those new thoughts in mind. Doing this process for a week resulted in these lyrics. I hope you find them to your liking. On a side note, I've very rarely written lyrics in the past (I usually just write free verse poetry if I'm in the mood for something flowing like that), so this will be something of an experiment for me, to see how I can adjust to the demands of a song.

Oh, and one more thing. We decided to name this city that our narrator is looking at Bloom. Hopefully that clears things up, if anybody was confused.


No comments:

Post a Comment